Monday, September 29, 2008

Shoes

This all started when I found the need to have a new pair of black pump-style shoes to wear down to Fort Myers for my interview. I realized I had nothing that was professional and black and not a boot. The first place I found hope was at a shoe shop we stopped at to find my boyfriend a new pair of boots. They had this really cute pair by BCBG Girl and they even were made in a 5 1/2; I was pretty excited... until I tried them on. Due to the nature of the shoe industry flattering people by marking their shoes a lot smaller than they are, I can never find ones that fit. I learned my lesson the hard way that ordering online from a company you've never tried on in person is an expensive mistake. Anyone wear size 8 and want to pay $200 for $425 worth of Transmutter boots and panels? Come on, I even have a matching purse I'll GIVE you.

Anyway, so I go online to look at what's in style so I know whether or not I ev
en want to drive out to DSW and try on some 4's. Then I got even more depressed. Low and behold there were TONS of shoes that I loved and probably a. None of them will fit or b. They are not work appropriate. But, I thought I'd share them here since you guys might want them.

1: Ecco Ankle Bootie, $174.99
There is a small chance that DSW will have these, since they carry this brand there. If not, at least I can see how they fit and maybe order them online. Very cute, no? Having a little heel is the only dis
appointment but they would look just as good with the new Lip Service clothing (I'm going to blog about that, too) as they would with business stuff. That's a big plus for me. The only other down size is they're a little on the expensive side, but are all leather so should last forever.



2: Indigo Paddington, $99.99

This shoe is really professional looking but the round toe gives it a younger look. It's really different than all my other shoes. Sadly, it does not come in my size. Dickheads.






These shoes are pure badassery. They are my dream shoe. I want them more than almost any other shoe I've ever seen. ARGH!








4: Frye Ankle Boots, $348

Why oh shoe gods do you tempt me so? These boots are actually GRAY. Who makes gray boots? There is nothing that is not super cool about these. They make me want to buy a motorcycle. Insert sad face here.






5: Timberland Premium Rounded Heels, $140
If Aeon Flux was a real person walking around today, she'd wear these. Look at how these lace up. Awesome.









6: Naughty Monkey Posh Heels, $94.99
So, the more of their shoes I see the more I like this brand. They aren't that expensive, they have a great shape, and they have a bit of edge. (Plus remember those boots?!) These are actually on DSW's website for $10 cheaper... so they might be at the store. Exciting!




7: Guess by Marciano Soshanna Boots, $175
These boots are also pure badassery. People who know me realize that these boots would look absolutely perfect with my authentically, wear-distressed black jeans. They are a perfect replacement for my old "where anywhere" black Demonia boots I had in high school during my cyber goth phase. I really love the bronze ones so much that I could care less if they came in black... yes, that's what I said. Unfortunately, they are way too expensive for me to buy right now, but would make an excellent graduation present if my Uncle sends me money for graduation... hmm...


That is all. I will probably post later today about all the good new stuff coming out from Lip Service. I haven't been this excited about their clothing since the first Psycho Circus line was out (yes, that's like three years). Anyway, look forward to that and perhaps pictures of the shoes I actually get at DSW.

1 comment:

Daerk said...

#7 IS pure badassery.